This documentation is a work in progress. We are grateful to the many people who have contributed to improving it. Special thanks to eagle-i's early adopter community, and in particular to Karen Hanson, Will Foushee, Sukie Punjasthitkul and Melissa Binde. Please keep your comments coming.
- System Overview: This document provides a high-level overview of the system. It describes the ontology-centric architecture, an institutional deployment and the eagle-i software stack including the repository, data tools, search and ontology/data model.
- Quick Start installation guide: provides a high-level overview of the steps necessary to set up an institutional eagle-i server, with pointers into the detailed guides below.
- Repository Installation, Upgrade and Administration Guide: provides instructions and information for installing the repository. It also covers general repository maintenance, logging and performance monitoring.
- SWEET and Institutional Search Installation and Upgrade Guide: provides installation instructions and information for SWEET (Semantic Web Entry and Editing Tool), institutional search and the online help.
- Upgrade Checklist: summarizes the steps necessary to upgrade the software and ontology of an eagle-i institutional server
- SWIFT and ETL guide: includes a system administrator's perspective of the tasks necessary to bulk-upload data into an eagle-i repository.
- Public SPARQL endpoint: (optional) provides sparql-query user-interface and web-service to non-registered users; contsains only public information; system-administrator's: installation, maintenance.
- Account Administration Handbook: This document describes the default repository roles and permissions.
- Repository Design Specification and API*: This document is intended to be a thorough description of the data repository design; concentrating on its external interfaces. The intended audience is repository coders as well as implementers of other components that depend on the repository. It also serves as an API reference manual.
- Repository Workflow Design Notes: Contains requirements, use cases, ontology design principles, access control and API for eagle-i workflow.
- Repository Embedded Instances Design Notes: This page describes how embedded instances are to be managed by the repository.
- Repository Data Model Configuration Properties: This page describes the way a data model ontology is configured into the repository.
- CURL Cookbook - Repository API Examples: This page describes CURL commands to interact with the Repository via its REST API
- Sweet Developers Guide: This is a developers' guide to the eagle-i data tools. It's focus is primarily on the SWEET (Semantic Web Entry and Editing Tool).
- Search Application Developers Guide: This is a developers' guide to the eagle-i search application. It covers the search backend and Solr.
- Cores and Labs pages: This guide describes the web service for integrating Cores and Labs summary information into other websites (coming soon)
- Current release : http://search.eagle-i.net/javadoc
- Nightly build : http://qa.search.eagle-i.net/javadoc
Integration with Profiles RNS: this page describes the eagle-i API for displaying resource information in the Profiles RNS application
How are we doing?
Is there anything that could be clearer in our documentation? We welcome your questions and feedback.